What’s in it for you?
- A starting salary of £18,500 per annum
- Fully funded Apprenticeship programme including studying for a HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with paid time off to attend college
- Annual leave starting at 23 days per year plus bank holidays
- Membership of a defined contribution pension scheme offering an employer contribution of up to 14%
- Occupational health benefits including an Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of optional flexible benefits
- A professional mentor to support your development
Working within electricity distribution has never been so exciting. We are going through significant periods of change with new technologies emerging and being developed.
Our Power Network Engineering Apprenticeship will provide you with a spring board to an exciting career within the power sector; in particular electricity distribution which is at the heart of change.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of two A Levels at grades A* - C (one must be in Maths or Physics), or a BTEC National Certificate Level 3 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, at merit or distinction (maths modules must be merit or distinction), or an ONC in Electrical Engineering, at merit or distinction (maths modules must be merit or distinction)
- Self-motivated team players with excellent attention to detail
- An interest in driving forward your own career development
- Strong analytical, IT and communication skills, with a strong customer focus
- A full UK driving licence (must be held before you start your apprenticeship with us)
You will also need to evidence the following behavioural competencies:
- Customer understanding
- Interpersonal awareness
- Concern for excellence
All of these vacancies are safety critical; if you are appointed to an operational role you will be required to respond to issues quickly, therefore it is essential you are located close to our depots.
We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We’re particularly keen to receive applications from women and black and minority ethnic groups. Offers will be made entirely on merit.
Click here to apply